Get fail-safe inline protection for all network monitoring tools with Ixia’s very-high-density bypass switch, iBypass VHD. You’ll improve overall network reliability, increase application availability, and add the convenience and cost savings of remote monitoring and control —all important requirements for any enterprise deployment.
Get fail-safe inline protection for all network monitoring tools with Ixia’s very-high-density bypass switch, iBypass VHD. You’ll improve overall network reliability, increase application availability, and add the convenience and cost savings of remote monitoring and control —all important requirements for any enterprise deployment. iBypass VHD provides built-in tap, regeneration, and aggregation functions and the following unique capabilities:
- Preconfigured Heartbeats - Preconfigured to work with security tools through a single click, reducing setup times and eliminating potential errors during deployment. Ixia is the only bypass switch vendor with preset, integrated security tool heartbeats built into the user interface.
- Central Management Support - Ixia’s Indigo Pro, the only central management tool for bypass switches, simplifies and speeds iBypass VHD configuration and management of tens to hundreds of devices. This is a necessary requirement for any large-scale deployment and is available for all Ixia iBypass switches.
- Very High Density - Highest density 10G bypass switch, supporting up to 12 x 10G /1G bypass switches in 1U. This maximizes valuable data center real estate, reducing rack cost for large -scale deployments.
- Redundant or Serial Active Tool Support - Manage multiple active or redundant security tools in a single device, which is critical for more resilient architectures and required by many organizations. Ixia is the only vendor supporting active-standby and active-active network/security architectures.
- Easy-to-Use Web Interface - The most powerful and simple user interface of any bypass switch. Drag-and-drop functionality coupled with intuitive presets, significantly reduces setup time and lowers ongoing support costs.
- Fail Safe—Fail-to-wire network port architecture, ensures that traffic is not interrupted by a bypass switch power failure
- Multi-Function Hardware—Built-in tap, regeneration, and aggregation capability provides the ability to feed out-of-band tools
- Modular Design—Compact 1U design supports up to 3 modules per chassis capable of deploying 4, 8, or 12 bypass switches
- Improved Optical Performance—Unique bypass functionality allows fiber runs to extend further while guaranteeing link and packet integrity
- Redundant Power—Built-in hot-swappable power supplies are field replaceable and redundant; available in AC and DC variants
|Power for IBypass VHD Chassis||
- IBPVHD-CH-AC / IBPVHD-CH-DC
- IBPVHD-PWR-AC / IBPVHD-PWR-DC