Built using fiber-optics, Ixia Flex Tap fiber taps deliver 100% visibility into network traffic and permanent, passive access points while preserving top network performance.
Built using fiber-optics, Ixia Flex Tap fiber taps deliver 100% visibility into network traffic and permanent, passive access points while preserving top network performance. That’s because each tap in the Ixia Flex Tap™ family is modular, can support network speeds of up to 100Gbps, and is 100% passive. At the same time, Flex Taps allow you to effectively monitor network performance, avoiding issues of degradation and disruption. Flex Taps are also versatile: each is compatible with all protocols and monitoring devices, and can be deployed at any inline connection on the network without increasing overhead or management workflows. Flex Taps consist of a base chassis unit that can hold up to 24 individual LC based Flex Tap modules, or 12 MTP based modules.
- 50/50, 60/40, 70/30, 80/20 and 90/10 split ratios supported
- Fully modular product - anywhere between 1 and 36 taps in a 1U 19 inch rack
- "Mix and Match" different speeds and fiber types in one chassis
- Prepopulated chassis with either 16 or 24 modules available at a discount
- 1G, 10G, 40G and 100G models
- LC, MTP and BiDi deployments supported. Single Mode and Multi Mode models
- Delivers low insertion loss to minimize impact on data flows