The HP 1910 Switch Series, part of the HP OfficeConnect portfolio, delivers Fast Ethernet connectivity for cost-conscious smaller organizations. The switches are ideal for environments that require advanced features for granular control and where smart-managed flexibility is a must for easy network configuration and management.
The 1910 Switch Series are advanced smart-managed fixed configuration switches in an easy-to-administer solution. Customizable features include basic layer 2 features like VLANs and link aggregation as well as advanced features such as Layer 3 static routing and ACLs.
Easy-to-Use, Simple to Deploy and Manage
- The HP 1820 Switch Series features an intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane for easy management of devices by non-technical users. The HP 1820 Switch Series is ideal for organizations that require simplicity.
- The series gives you flexibility and choice with a complete portfolio. You get six rack-mountable models including three non-Power over Ethernet (PoE) models. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
- Customizable features include VLANs, Spanning Tree, Link aggregation trunking, and IGMP Snooping. All models include Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and DSCP QoS policies.
- These switches support flexible installation options, including mounting on walls, under tables or on desk tops.
- Some models are of a fan-less design, making them quiet for office deployments.
Energy Efficiency and Lower TCO
- The HP 1820 Switch Series include the latest energy-savings capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE), idle-port power down and PoE Port Scheduler.
- The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream PoE switch for environments where no line power is available.
- All switches are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with limited 24x7 telephone support for the first three years.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HP 1820 Switch Series traffic prioritization provides time sensitive packets (like VoIP and video) with priority over other traffic based on DSCP or IEEE 802.1p classification. Packets are mapped to eight hardware queues for more effective throughput.
- Broadcast control allows limiting of broadcast traffic rate, to reduce unwanted network broadcast traffic.
- IEEE 802.11p/Q delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
8-port Fast Ethernet advanced smart managed switch
8 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100 ports
2 SFP dual-personality 1000 Mbps ports
Supports a maximum of 8 autosensing 10/100 ports plus 2 1000BASE-X SFP ports, or a combination Included
Memory and processor
MIPS @ 500 MHz
32 MB flash
packet buffer size: 512 KB
128 MB RAM
100 Mb Latency: < 5 µs
1000 Mb Latency: < 5 µs
up to 4.2 Mpps
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
limited command-line interface
IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
26.6 x 16.2 x 4.4 cm