Designed to encourage collaboration and give productivity a boost, the Dell 21.5" touch monitor offers a high level of user flexibility for work, school or entertainment. Tap, slide, swipe, turn, pinch and stretch with your fingers. The multi-touch capability is simple and intuitive when used with Windows 8, recognizing up to 10 touch points at once.
Designed to encourage collaboration and give productivity a boost, the Dell 21.5" touch monitor offers a high level of user flexibility for work, school or entertainment.
- Ergonomic stand: Slide your display toward you smoothly and naturally to touch and type while tilting as much as 60°. Good for classrooms, home offices, clinics and other professional applications.
- VESA compatibility: You can also choose to mount your monitor on the wall or attach it to the Dell Single Monitor Ar1 to enjoy even greater viewing flexibility.
- Integrated connectivity: HDMI, Digital Visual Interface (DVI) and VGA ports enable direct connections to your desktop, laptop, camera, phone and other electronic devices to enhance almost any view.
- Image projection: Enabling touch is easy! Simply connect the USB cable from your PC to the monitor's USB upstream port, and use either a HDMI, DV2 or VGA cable to project images onscreen.
- Great screen clarity: 16:9 Full HD with 1920 x 1080 (max) resolution; 3,000:1 (typical) high contrast ratio; Mega Dynamic contrast ratio estimated at 8 million:1 (max); wide 178°/178° viewing angle for effective collaboration.
Edge-to-edge glass: Big, clean panel for a smooth touch experience plus Image Enhance designed to sharpen images, improve color hues and boost color contrast.
Dell Display Manager: Features Auto Mode, which offers a choice of preconfigured color settings to optimize the appearance of individual applications. Each application can have its own preset mode.
- 20W typical power consumption: Energy use is up to 28.57 percent lower than the previous-generation Dell touch monitor.
Power-saving features: Dynamic dimming lowers brightness of predominantly white screens. PowerNap, when enabled, dims the monitor when not in use.
High environmental standards: ENERGY STAR® qualified and EPEAT® Silver rated, the Dell 21.5" touch monitor also features arsenic-free glass and a mercury-free LED panel.
Viewable image size (diagonal):54.6 cm (21.5")
Horizontal: 476.64 mm (18.77")
Vertical: 268.11 mm (10.56")
Maximum Resolution:1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
Pixel Pitch:0.248 x 0.248 mm
Brightness: 250 cd/m2 (typical)
Color Support: Color Gamut (typical): 84%4
Color Depth: 16.7 million colors
Contrast Ratio:3,000:1 (typical)8 million:1 (Dynamic Contrast Ratio)
Max Viewing Angle: (typical)(178° vertical / 178° horizontal)
Response Time: (typical)12 ms with overdrive
Connectors (S2240T):DVI-D (HDCP),HDMI, VGA, USB 2.0 upstream port (for touch enablement), Audio line-out
Touch technology:Projected capacitive system
Sensor stack thickness:1.1 mm
Cover glass thickness:1.1 +/- 0.2 mm
Touch method:Fingers and thin gloves
Touch point:10 touch-points
Response time:25 ms
Supporting OS:Windows 8 Certified
AC input voltage/frequency/Current (typical): 100 VAC to 240 VAC / 50 Hz or 60 Hz + 3 Hz / 1.2 A (typical)
Power consumption (normal operation, typical): 20 W
Power consumption (active-off mode): <0.5W
DIMENSIONS (WITH STAND)
Height (extended): 382.9 mm (15.07 inches) ~ 195.4mm (7.69 inches)
Width: 522.5 mm (20.57 inches)
Depth: 77.4 mm (3.05 inches) ~ 420.9 mm (16.57 inches)
Weight with packaging: 6.62 kg (14.56 lbs)
Weight without packaging: 5.80 kg (12.78 lb)
Weight of monitor only (without stand): 3.4 kg (7.49 lb)
Environmental and Regulatory
COMPLIANCE AND STANDARDS
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page