- Makes serial connections easy by putting your RS-232 peripherals on your PC's USB bus.
- No more internal serial adapters. Keep your serial peripheral connections on your PC's exterior.
- USB Hub, 8-Port, RS-232
- Supports USB version 1.1.
- Powered by the USB bus.
- RS-232 data rates up to 460.8 kbps.
- No I/O ports or IRQs required.
- Windows® 98/Me/XP and Windows 2000 compatible.
The hub features high-speed UARTs with 128-byte FIFO transmit buffers and 384-byte FIFO receive buffers. It connects easily to peripheral serial devices in external plug-and-play fashion. Because it's hot-swappable, you can install it without having to power down your PC.
The hub comes with all necessary drivers, utilities, and help files for quick setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP operating systems. Simply load the included software drivers, then connect the hub to your USB port and an RS-232 serial device.
- DIN Rail Mounting Kit for 8-Port USB Hub (DR111)
- DB9 Extension Cable (with EMI/RFI Hoods) (EDN12H)
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) Cable (USB01)
|Communication Chip||High-speed, USB-to-serial interface (128-byte FIFO transmit, 384-byte FIFO receive)|
|Distance (Maximum)||50 ft. (15.2 m)|
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 32 to 158° F (0 to 70° C);
Humidity: 10 to 90% noncondensing
|Speed (Maximum)||460.8 kbps|
|Connectors||Serial: (8) DB9 M;
USB: (1) Type B F
|Power||From the USB bus (as long as the device is connected directly to a powered PC or hub)|
|Size||1.5"H x 7"W x 5.3"D (3.8 x 17.8 x 13.5 cm)|