Aten´s new generation of KVM over IP switches - KN series allows local and remote operators the ability to monitor and access their entire data center over the network using a web-based browser.
Aten´s new generation of KVM over IP switches - KN series allows local and remote operators the ability to monitor and access their entire data center over the network using a web-based browser. In addition, they offer out-of-band access with external modem support for BIOS-level troubleshooting when the network is down.
To help you manage and control an entire data center, our KVM over IP switches support blade servers and chassis. With powerful new features such as Power Association – KVM ports can be associated with ATEN PDU power outlets for power management of servers from the KVM over IP switches user interface.
KVM over IP switches now support the new Control Center Video Session Recorder (CCVSR) software. The CCVSR records all operations made on servers accessed through KVM over IP switches. Every operation and change from the BIOS level to logging in, from running software applications to configuring the operating system- is recorded and saved to a secure video file as evidence, without exception.
The Virtual Media function lets you map to storage media on USB, hard disk and DVD/CD drives located on remote servers – allowing administrators to conduct file transfers, install applications, run O.S. updates, or perform diagnostics across a network with ease.
Enhanced capabilities of KVM over IP switches also include: a Message Board, Panel Array Mode™, Mouse DynaSync™, and Adapter ID.
With dual on-board NICs and dual power supplies, the KVM over IP switches are built for reliability, to ensure 24/7 availability of remote access to all server room computers. The switch´s design features Green IT solutions that include four temperature sensors to regulate up to six fans – run at optimum speeds – throttling down and speeding up depending on room temperature, reducing data center operational costs through a more efficient way of maintaining energy.
With Aten KVM over IP switches IT administrators can manage their server rooms and data centers from practically anywhere – minimizing travel costs and MTTR (Mean Time to Repair) – ensuring the highest availability of data center services possible.
- High port density - RJ-45 connectors and Cat 5e/6 cable for up to 40 ports in a 1U housing
- Two separate buses for remote KVM over IP access
- Two 10/100/1000 Mbps NICs for redundant LAN or two IP operation
- Blade server support NEW!
- Supports PS/2, USB, Sun Legacy (13W3) and serial (RS-232) connectivity
- Local console provides PS/2 and USB keyboard and mouse support
- Supports multiplatform server environments: Windows, Mac, Sun, Linux and VT100 based serial devices
- Audio enabled
Virtual Media support lets you map DVD-CD-ROMs and other storage media to a remote server
- Dual Power Supply
- High video resolution - up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz - 32 bit color depth for the local console; up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz with 24 bit color depth for remote sessions, at up to 50 m
- Monitor and control up to 40 computers on a single level